Monday, February 17, 2014

Hello Kitty Crayons

Even though Simone's birthday isn't until April, I've been thinking about different ideas for themes, party favors, and decorations.  This weekend I made Hello Kitty crayons!  I followed the tutorial here and it was quick and easy.  I found a Hello Kitty mold on Amazon and used leftover party favor crayons from Logan's birthday last year, which were only 25 cents/box!

First, I broke the crayons into smaller pieces and mixed up the colors



I didn't really time how long it took to melt, but according to the tutorial, it should be 25mins.  I just waited for the crayons to harden before popping them out of the mold.


 They came out okay, but I think I mixed up the colors a bit too much.  Next time I'll stick with the same color family.  These took 4 crayons/mold.  If I make more, I'll look for smaller molds.





No comments:

Post a Comment