Thursday, October 15, 2015

Trick or Treat!

Halloween is coming up and that means it's costume time!  I was never into Halloween until I had Logan and Simone.  When I was a kid, I would put on overalls and say that I was a farmer.  Now, I love putting together costumes for the kiddos.

For the last 3 years, My dear friend, Amy, helped me put together Logan's costumes (i.e. she did most of the work!)  The costumes were pretty much the same - fleece hoodie and pants.  For the pattern, I just traced a pair of his pants and a hoodie to get the right size.  

Logan was Elmo in 2012.  The eyes and nose were styrofoam balls and we attached them to the hood with velcro.  I thought he really looked like Elmo when he was picking up candy :)





He was in his dinosaur phase in 2013 and here he is as a T-Rex.  We added a stuffed tail and also used styrofoam balls for the eyes.  We used felt for the teeth and claws.



Last year, he wanted to be Turbo the snail.  We used a headband and styrofoam balls for the eyes and wrapped it in orange felt.  We painted an old diaper box for the shell and duct taped it together.  I also added a glow in the dark necklace for the spiral.


This will be the first year that I'm making both of the kids' costumes and I'm really excited!  

No comments:

Post a Comment