Monday, July 31, 2017

What the What?!

Hello World...
Haven't been here in a while because baby #3 came and there went all of my free time.  It has almost been a year and it's time to me to dust off this blog!

My projects have been few and far between this year and to push myself, I entered the San Mateo County Fair earlier this summer.  I did the upcycling challenge where I needed to create something out of a bag of scraps.


The bag was pretty junky - small sample pieces of fabric, upholstery, leather, button, wooden pieces, ropes, paper.  I tried to incorporate as many pieces as possible and ended up making a mixed media cross body bag.  Extra scraps were used to make the bird design and the leather was used to made a matching card case.  Not too bad for a bunch of junk!


And the best part?!?!?! I won 2nd place!  This was the first time entering something and I was so surprised I won something!

No comments:

Post a Comment