Thursday, April 10, 2014

Easy PJ Top - Applique and Sleeves

I semi-homemade a PJ top to match Logan's Chuggington PJ pants.  It's actually a cheater version since I just used a plain blue T shirt and added a few appliqués and sleeves.  I love these easy projects!  I think most of my sewing involves tracing my kids' clothes.

This is what I used

  • Leftover Fabric
  • Matching Thread
  • Paper backed fusible webbing
  • Stabilizer (I got the iron on kind)
  • T shirt - any will do
Traced one of Logan's long sleeve shirts to measure out the sleeves, leave 1/2-1inch seam allowance

Press fusible webbing to fabric and cut out designs from the to use as appliqués

Remove paper backing from the webbing and iron on appliqué to shirt

Iron on the stabilizer on the wrong side of the T shirt and sew around using zig zag stitch.  It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the red train appliqué did not have the stabilizer, and the result is some puckering.

Sew sleeves together using straight stitch

Pin sleeve to T shirt, wrong side together and sew sleeve unto T shirt using straight stitch

Hem sleeve according to seam allowance.


Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment