Monday, April 14, 2014

Sanrio Birthday Party!!!

We had Simone's birthday part over the weekend at a local park this weekend and I can't believe my baby is 1!  I love making things for the kids' birthday parties, mainly because I know that sooner rather than later, my kids will get older and want something cooler than their Mom's ideas.  So, the theme for Simone's party was Sanrio characters.  Hello Kitty usually gets all the attention, but I think there are so many cute characters.

Since we were at the park, the decorations were minimal, but I focused on party favors, labels and dessert.  For the party favors, I made Hello Kitty headbands and My Melody flower hair clips for the girls and Badtz Maru shades for the boys.

The bows were made out of felt and sewed down the middle and glued it on the headband.




The hair clips were also made out of felt and it actually also looks like a fried egg.




For the Badtz Maru shades, I cut out little spikes on cardstock and glued it on shutter shades.




After much cajoling, here Logan's best Badtz Maru face.



I also made marshmallow pops for the kids which were decorated with some of my favorite Sanrio characters





Last but not least was her rice krispies birthday cake.  I can't really bake, so rice krispies is my medium of choice.  I made fondant Pochacco, Keroppi, My Melody, Hello Kitty, and Little Twin Stars.   It's hard to tell, but they're supposed to spell "Simone."



1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. Everything is perfect here, the decorations, arrangements and the party venue. It is important to have an outdoor space for the kids to have fun and enjoy activities. Also, the food looks delicious. I surely got some great ideas for my daughter’s next birthday party.

    ReplyDelete